The Caribbean’s coolest new rum festival is back!
Bonaire Rum Week 2023 returns for its second edition with a week of fantastic rum and culinary events.
What to expect during Bonaire Rum Week 2023.
Bonaire Rum Week 2023, presented by Caribbean Journal in collaboration with Tourism Corporation Bonaire (TCB), will run from June 12-16, 2023. The week will include a full slate of rum tastings, beach parties, bartending seminars, rum-pairing dinners, and cigar pairings. The event ends on June 16th with a new addition for 2023, when the island’s popular Taste of Bonaire joins forces with Bonaire Rum Week for a culinary fete with a sugarcane twist, set in the heart of Kralendijk.
“The inaugural edition of Bonaire Rum Week was a tremendous success, and 2023 will be bigger and better,” said Alexander Britell, editor and publisher of Caribbean Journal, which organizes Bonaire Rum Week in collaboration with TCB.
An Island-wide cocktail competition.
This year there will be an island-wide cocktail competition that lets visitors and locals sample cocktails at top bars in Bonaire and vote for their favorites online during the week. On the final day, the island’s Best Cocktail will be announced.
“After a successful first edition, we are happy to organize the second edition of the Bonaire Rum Week together with Caribbean Journal,” says Miles B M Mercera, CEO of TCB. “During this edition, we hope to have more partners join so that it can be an exciting week where our locals and visitors can mingle while experiencing Bonaire’s culinary scene.”
The event shines a spotlight both on Bonaire’s burgeoning rum and cocktail culture and on its sizzling culinary scene. “This is an amazing and totally unique event,” said Guy Britton, Executive Vice President and managing editor of Caribbean Journal. “The way each event is hosted and managed represents each hotel and restaurant’s specialties. The event offers a very personal sampling of Bonaire’s unique experiences.”
Schedule of Events
- June 12, 2023 – Opening VIP Rum Event from 6 PM – 8 PM
- June 13, 2023 – Grand Opening Party at Rum Runners from 5 PM – 8 PM
- June 13, 2023 – Multi-course rum pairing dinner at Rum Runners. RSVP required.
- June 14, 2023 – Rum on the Beach at Plaza Resort from 5 PM – 8 PM. RSVP required.
- June 15, 2023 – Rom Rincon Party at Divi Flamingo Resort from 5 PM – 7 PM. RSVP required.
- June 16, 2023 – Rum Cocktail at Buddy Dive from 5 PM – 7 PM. RSVP required.
- June 16, 2023 – Rum Party and dinner at Brass Boer from 7 PM – 10 PM. RSVP required.
Make sure you register for the events you would like to attend. For more information, visit Bonaire Rum Week or email email@example.com.